Business Continuity Management - ISO 22301:2012
Business Continuity Management (BCMS) is a management system that helps you identify threats to your organisation, to assess the level of risk and to respond effectively; safeguarding your reputation and key business activities.
Whilst many organisations will consider themselves prepared for disaster, ISO 22301 builds such contingencies into the routine responsibilities of every manager and is designed to keep your business going during the most challenging and unexpected circumstances.
- Minimises disruption – Following the Plan, Do, Check, Act concept.
- Flexibility and responsiveness – Improving crisis management techniques to deal quickly with any disruption, local or international and rapidly restore services.
- Accountability – Defining acceptable timescales for resuming business activities and ensuring stakeholders know what level of service to expect following any disruption
- Competitive advantage – Strengthening management across the organisation increasing client confidence in the organisations' services.
- Continuous Improvement – Regular audits and risk assessments ensure the system remains effective.
- Regulatory compliance – Demonstrating compliance with risk management law regulations you increase the confidence of employees, customers and other stakeholders.
- Save Money – In some cases BCMS has been known to reduce costs as well as insurance premiums and can help improve your financial performance.
- Optimise customer Services – Strengthened management controls allows the organisation to maintain agreed levels of critical services and products to customers in the face of disruption.
- Brand reputation - Commitment to maintaining excellent service even in times of disruption, ISO 22301 certification can enhance your reputation with customers
We can also offer a gap analysis as part of a pre-certification audit check, to allow your team to develop an action plan to work towards certification. This is particularly helpful if you have other ISO’s in place such as 27001 for Information Security.