An ISO 9001 certification is an internationally recognised standard; promoting quality management systems and demonstrating your commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
The Standard provides guidance and tools for companies and organisations who want to ensure that their products and services consistently meet customers’ requirements, and that quality is consistently improved.
Based on a plan-do-check-act cycle, ISO 9001 sets out a number of quality-based requirements which organisations should incorporate into their management systems. Regular independent audits are conducted by a certification body for organisations to achieve and maintain their certification.
ISO 9001 is relevant to organisations of all shapes and sizes, including public, private and third sectors, across all industries.
The quality of products and services provided is vital to all organisations and, although quality management may look very different in a manufacturing business to a financial services company, many of the basic principles are the same and ISO 9001’s flexible framework allows organisations to take a structured approach to quality assurance and continual improvement.
- Gives external confirmation that an organisation’s quality system meets internationally recognised best-practice standards.
- Strengthens your ability to qualify for more contracts and tenders.
- Enables you to stand out from competitors.
- Integrates a structured approach for ongoing continual improvement to achieve operational excellence.
- Provides a focus for securing new business.
- Reduces errors and related costs, allowing you to become more profitable.
- Increases performance and efficiency within an organisation.
- Improves customer satisfaction and confidence.
- Saves valuable management time and improves internal communications
- Higher levels of employee morale.
- Complete an application form which includes some basic details about your organisation.
- CFA will send a formal no-obligation quotation based on the information provided, talking to you about to gather more information about your organisation and your requirements, if necessary.
- If you are happy to accept the quotation, then it simply needs to be signed and returned to us.
- We will allocate a specialist, experienced auditor who will contact you directly to introduce themselves, discuss arrangements and book in dates.
- The audit will take place in two stages. Stage one is a review of documents related to your management system. Stage two involves discussions with key people within your organisation.
- Once the initial audit has taken place and any findings addressed, a three-year certificate will be issued.
- Annual audits are requiredin order to maintain certification which are arranged directly with your auditor.
ISO management systems standards follow the “Annex SL” format, which means that different Standards can be integrated and audited at the same time. For example, an organisation can implement a system for both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 which, if audited together would reduce the overall audit duration and therefore the cost. Centre for Assessment is also able to provide joint assessments with other products, such as Customer Service Excellence.
- Personalised service from the Centre for Assessment sales and operations team.
- Bespoke in-house training and workshops are available, such as internal auditor training.
- Open training courses can be booked online.
- A Gap Analysis is an optional service which allows one of our expert assessors to enter your organisation prior to the formal assessment to identify any gaps in your management system. This can be a valuable and important part of planning for achieving certification.
We can also offer a gap analysis as part of a pre-certification audit check, to allow your team to develop an action plan to work towards certification. This is particularly helpful if you have other ISOs in place such as 14001 for Environmental Management.
Contact us for more information.