Lexcel is the Law Society’s practice management standard specifically designed to promote excellence within law practices. A Lexcel accreditation provides a flexible, supportive management framework to help practices and in-house legal departments improve operations and manage risk effectively.
Lexcel covers seven related areas essential in enabling best practice management:
1. Structure and strategy
2. Financial management
3. Information management
4. People management
5. Risk management
6. Client care
7. File and case management
The Lexcel Standard is applicable to all legal practices of any size and is available to both independent practices and in-house legal departments.
Organisations can benefit greatly from the standard by showing their commitment to excellence and their ongoing improvements to help handle client information in a secure and efficient way.
- Increase client satisfaction:
- Maintain consistent levels of good customer service
- Reduce the number of client complaints
- Increase client retention
- Attract more new business:
- Use as leverage to attract new work and as an advantage during tender processes
- Create a competitive difference from others in the sector
- Lexcel is accepted by the Legal Aid Agency
- Minimise Risk of claims:
- Protect brand and reputation
- Improve compliance with regulatory requirement
- Demonstrate commitment to clients by holding a quality mark of excellence
- Clients who are interested in the Lexcel Standard can contact Centre for Assessment for an initial enquiry into how to start their application process.
- Once a formal, no-obligation quotation has been created, clients are then able to select the dates and requirements for their assessments prior to acceptance.
- One of our network of industry-leading, specialist assessors will make direct contact with you to learn about your business and tailor the assessment to suit your particular requirements.
- Your initial assessment will consist of a document review (stage 1) and a visit to your premises (stage 2).
- Quality checks are in place to ensure you gain the best possible value from the assessment process.
- Once you have been successfully assessed against the Standard, you will be issued with certificates and have the right to use the Lexcel logo on all of your branding. The initial certification lasts for three years.
- Annual review visits take place to ensure your ongoing compliance against the Standard.
- Our experienced administration team are available to help with any stages of your Lexcel assessment, from initial enquiries through to the issue of certificates.
- A bespoke, personalised account management team help support all clients with their ongoing compliance against the Standard.
- In-house training courses are available to help clients understand any changes or updates to the Lexcel Standard.
- Recognised consultants are available through our online, interactive map.
- Pre-Assessments, self-assessments and gap analysis options are available to you.
Lexcel is now recognised by the LSC as an alternative standard to SQM (Specialist Quality mark). Firms now have the choice to be assessed against Lexcel or SQM as part of their contract requirement. If you wish to transfer from SQM to Lexcel we can arrange this for you.
Centre for Assessment offers a wide range of training workshops to support your journey towards becoming Lexcel accredited including our SRA Continuing Competence training.
For more information or to book online, please click here