The standard, developed by experts from industry bodies, employers and unions, provides a framework for organisations to value people, monitor and improve performance, for the mutual benefit of all parties. The standard recognises people’s talent, skills, capabilities and potential to learn and develop are critical to the current and future success of an organisation.
Following the structure of ISO & other British Standards (BS), BS 76000 provides a framework for organisational improvement and measurement which can be externally audited with the achievement of certification.
- Improve how your people are valued through a range of requirements such as having policies in place and clear roles, responsibilities and authorities outlined.
- Create greater job satisfaction & morale through commitment from top management, giving rise to a more transparent approach to management
- Improve equality & diversity management/compliance through the investigation of unanticipated issues and how information gathered is used to drive continual improvement
- Increase customer satisfaction by identifying your organisation’s overall purpose and stakeholder requirements
BS 76000 is based around the following themes:
- The context of the organisation: Defining your organisation’s purpose, stakeholder requirements.
- Leadership (valuing people): Top management commitment shown; policies in place with clear roles, authorities and responsibilities.
- Planning: A risk-based approach to setting objectives for valuing people.
- Support: Resources must be in place alongside the required competence; including awareness of, communication and documented information in the standard.
- Operation: Your approach to operational planning & control must be demonstrated.
- Performance Evaluation: Processes for monitoring, measurement, evaluation, Internal Audit and Management Review of the system.
- Improvement: Demonstrating effective processes for non-conformity and corrective/preventative actions, together with how information gathered is used to drive continual improvement
We can also offer a gap analysis as part of a pre-certification audit check, to allow your team to develop an action plan to work towards certification. This is particularly helpful if you have other ISOs in place such as 9001 for Quality or 14001 for Environmental Management.
Centre for Assessment offers a wide range of training workshops to support your journey towards certification.
For more information, please visit our training and events page.