ISO 9001 is the world’s most popular Quality Management System Standard. With over 1,000,000 certificate holders worldwide, it is an essential way for your business to strive for excellence.
Focusing on how you monitor, manage and improve the quality of your internal systems, ISO 9001 will give you a framework to drive your business forward, helping you wow your customers, win more business and increase your profitability.
Every business wants to produce and maintain high quality goods and services that meet (or exceed) the expectations of customers and other stakeholders. ISO 9001 is a framework to make sure you are doing this consistently.
The ISO 9001 Standard outlines the requirements of a holistic Quality Management System (QMS). As it has been around for over 30 years, ISO 9001 is widely viewed as the most credible, robust and effective business improvement tool on the market.
By scrutinising and streamlining your processes against the QMS, your business will be far more able to meet its ambitions for sustainability and growth.
Any organisation that wishes to evaluate and improve the quality of the way it does business should consider completing an ISO 9001 audit from Centre for Assessment.
Quality/Operations Managers, Compliance Officers, senior leaders or anyone looking to improve their processes and increase efficiency should consider moving forward with certification to the world’s most popular Quality Management Standard.
The Standard has been traditionally popular with large, complex organisations but the latest version (published in 2015) makes ISO 9001 equally accessible to smaller businesses. To summarise, the framework is important to all those that take quality seriously.
In uncertain times, a Quality Management System can help sustain the level of service your company provides, giving you stability and reassurance. It also demonstrates that your company meets international regulatory requirements – often essential when bidding for new work.
Centre for Assessment will help make sure ISO 9001 adds value to your company. Achieving the Standard may make you better able to:
✔increase customer satisfaction;
✔increase your reputation and status;
✔improve supplier relationships;
✔identify, mitigate or eliminate risk;
✔reduce errors, waste and related costs;
✔manage people and systems more effectively;
✔commit to continuous improvement;
✔drive positive change;
✔gain a competitive advantage;
✔receive external recognition;
✔promote and celebrate best practice.
• Initial thoughts: Firstly, you need to establish that ISO 9001 is the right fit for your organisation and, if so, what the scope of certification will be. Centre for Assessment will be happy to help you make these decisions.
• Preparation: You may choose to hire a consultant to help you design and implement your Quality Management System. Centre for Assessment does not offer a consultancy service but can provide you with a list of our independent associates. You could opt to use Centre for Assessment to provide a pre-assessment service. Alternatively, you may choose to move forward without seeking external support.
• Apply: Submit an application form via our online form.
• Quotation: Your application will be reviewed by a member of our Business Development team, who may need to call you to request further information before providing you with a no-obligation audit proposal.
• Accept: Review the proposal sent by Centre for Assessment and, if you are happy, sign and return the document to us.
• Make arrangements: You will be allocated a specialist, experienced auditor who will contact you to introduce themselves, discuss arrangements and book dates for the audit.
• Audit Stage One: The Stage One audit will involve a review of the documents relating to your Quality Management System. Stage One also explores your readiness to move on to Stage Two.
• Audit Stage Two: The Stage Two audit looks at the effectiveness of your Management System, ensuring it is successfully implemented and fully operational.
• Verification: Once the two stages are complete and any findings addressed, your auditor will recommend that Centre for Assessment awards ISO 9001 certification.
• Certification: Following a technical review by a decision-maker, you will be issued a certificate that is valid for three years. You can advertise the fact that you are certified to the Standard and use the ISO 9001 logo on your website etc..
• Annual Audit: At 12 and 24 months, review audits will be completed to ensure you are still compliant with ISO 9001. These will be arranged directly with your auditor.