Cyber security is the means by which individuals and organisations reduce the risk of becoming victims of cyber-attack.
Cyber security's core function is to protect the devices we all use (smartphones, laptops, tablets and computers), and the services we access - both online and at work - from theft or damage. It is also about preventing unauthorised access to the vast amounts of personal information we store on these devices, and online.
Cyber security is important because smartphones, computers and the internet are now a fundamental part of modern life, it is difficult to imagine how we would function without them. It is more important than ever to stake steps that can prevent cyber criminals getting hold of our accounts, data, and devices.
Cyber Essentials is a Government backed scheme that will help you to protect your organisation against a whole range of the most common cyber-attacks. These include things like Phishing attacks, Malware, Ransomware, Password guessing and Network attacks
Cyber-attacks can affect all businesses in a variety of different ways with varying impacts whatever the size of the business some being catastrophic and costly eventually leading to the closure of businesses. Attacks can be small or large, but the vast majority are very basic and carried out by relatively unskilled individuals. They are the digital equivalent of a thief trying your front door to see if it is unlocked. Cyber Essentials is designed to help you prevent these attacks.
With over 80% of UK businesses vulnerable to avoidable security threats, the Cyber Essentials framework has been designed as a strong security baseline for every business in
There are two levels of certification, Cyber Essentials & Cyber Essentials Plus dependant on your organisation’s needs.
Businesses of all shapes and sizes use Cyber Essentials to help protect their IT from attack. Cyber Essentials can help to keep the devices and data you rely on safe.
Not everyone has a dedicated IT department, or an in-depth knowledge of cyber security. Cyber Essentials has been designed to be flexible, considering all types and sizes of organisation.
This self-assessment option gives you protection against a wide variety of the most common cyber-attacks. This is important because vulnerability to simple attacks can mark you out as target for more in-depth unwanted attention from cyber criminals and others.
Certification will reassure current and potential customers that you take cyber security seriously.
Certification gives you peace of mind that your defences will protect against the vast majority of common cyber-attacks simply because these attacks are looking for targets which do not have the Cyber Essentials technical controls in place. This gives the added assurance to your customers that:
· You have demonstrated that you have undertaken essential precautions in minimising cyber risk
· Attract new business as you can demonstrate you take cyber security seriously and have measures in place
· Satisfy customers, suppliers, insurers and industry regulators requirements
· Give assurance that the security of your IT systems and networks can protect their data that you hold about them
· Show that you have a clear focus of your organisation’s cyber security level
· Satisfy tender requirements that require Cyber Essentials such as government contracts.
· Listed on the NCSC directory of Cyber Essentials holders, click to view
· Includes £25K free Cyber security insurance (terms apply)
· Cyber Essentials Plus – gives you assurances that what you are doing is working.