Duru Management Consultancy Ltd specialise in Law firm compliance and management consultancy and that is all that we do and Lexcel is one of our largest area of service provision.
We have special expertise in the following areas:
- Lexcel Accreditation
- Specialist Quality Mark Accreditation
- Tendering for Legal Aid Agency Contracts
- Solicitors Regulation Authority Compliance
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance
- Legal Aid Agency Compliance
- Services & Training for COLP & COFA
- Strategic Management Consultancy
- Human Resource Management
- Management & Business training for Law firms
- Applications for Authorisation to the Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Law firm set ups, startups and change in status (LLP, LTD etc).
- Law firm sales, novations, mergers and acquisitions.
Master of Laws (LLM)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Bachelor of Science in Business Management (BSc)
Our lead consultant Mr Peter Duru has over 29 years of management experience in both the private sector and the civil service and previously held positions as a senior manager at the Legal Services Commission (now the Legal Aid Agency) first as the London Regional Civil Contracts Manager in charge of the entire Civil Legal aid budget for the whole of London and later as the London Regional Criminal Defence Services Manager in charge of the entire criminal defence budget for London and all criminal Legal aid contracts in London. These positions also included responsibility for running the entire Specialist Quality Mark auditing and compliance operation of the Legal Aid Agency which involved auditing the compliance of well over 1000 legal aid funded law firms.
He established Duru Management Consultancy a practice which provides management and compliance consultancy to law firms in 2003 and has provided thousands of sessions of consultancy and training to hundreds of solicitors practices since then. Presently, as a practicing solicitor who is also an accredited Law Society Lexcel Assessor, Peter carries out Lexcel assessments on law firms on behalf of the Law Society. He is also an accredited Law Society Consultant and in this regard he provides Lexcel consultancy, management consultancy, regulatory compliance services and training for law firms of all shapes and sizes.